Laird Technologies POE-24iR-CI
Laird Technologies POE-24iR-CI 24VDC output, .8A(19W), Current Detect
The POE-xxi is an advanced power supply / power inserter. The power supply is autoranging on the input and has a regulated voltage output. It has overload and short circuit protection in addition to Ethernet surge suppression builtin. The POE-xxi is not a proprietary unit. It will function with any equipment which is compliant with the IEEE 802.3af POE standards. For all “i” models the power is supplied on ethernet pins 4/5 (V+) and 7/8 (V-). For the “iR” models the power is supplied on ethernet pins 4/5 (V-) and 7/8 (V+). The POE-xxi come complete with a standard North American 115VAC power cord. International cords are available upon request. A Current Indicator (-CI) model is available. The LED will be AMBER until >35mA current flows to the end device which will turn the LED to GREEN. This is a good way to remotely monitor the connection between the POE and the end device and indicate that the end device is turned on. To order this model add a “–CI” suffix to the standard part number. Using power over ethernet to power remote devices has several advantages
- The power supply can be centrally located where it can be attached to an uninterruptible power supply.
- The user has the ability to easily power on reset the attached equipment from a remote location.
- There is no need to run additional power cabling to the device as power can be supplied over the CAT5 ethernet cable.
- Remote routers, access points and bridges
- Remote networking equipment
- SOHO equipment
- IP camera systems
- 400MHz to 10GHz systems
- IP phone systems