GPS NTP+PTP Network Time Server
The TimeMachines GPS NTP+PTP Network Time Server represents a major step forward in capabilities at a breakthrough price point. It will supply accurate time for all computers and time keeping devices on the network. Supporting both Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and Network Time Protocol (NTP), a Stratum 1 time source can now be available on the local network with no need for an internet connection. SNMP V2/V3 is supported on the device, authenticated NTP, Peer NTP lookup, and Manual time setting modes.
The TM2000A system uses an active GPS antenna to maintain the current time as broadcast by United States GPS satellites planet wide. In addition, a high stability OCXO reference clock is included that allows the unit to serve time if GPS lock is lost for periods of time. The unit is small and can be placed anywhere within the network layout. The built in high sensitivity GPS receiver is able to lock multiple satellites from within many buildings or from a window location, removing the requirement that outdoor antennas be installed in some applications. Outdoor antennas are available from TimeMachines including custom length cables and accessories.
- Receive time information from GPS satellites anywhere on the surface of the earth.
- RFC1119/1305/5905 NTP Protocol to serve time (Network Time Protocol).
- RFC1769/2030/4330 SNTP Protocol (Simple Network Time Protocol).
- 10M/100M auto sensing network interface.
- Unit is capable of serving 750+ NTP synchronizations per second. That provides support for over 600,000+ devices updating every 15 minutes on the network.
- Compliant with FCC Part 15B and CE marked for radiated emissions and is a lead free product.
- IEEE 1588 2008 PTP Protocol.
- Supports +3.3V and 5V active GPS antennas with internal jumper setting.
- Server Time Level: Stratum 1.
- NTP Server Time Precision: Better than 1mS + network jitter.
- PTP Server Time Precision: Better than 3uS + network jitter.
- Holdover time: PTP: 1.25+ hrs NTP: 48+ hrs.
- Power Requirements: 5W at startup and 2.5W continuous at 12V DC. Supports 9-16V DC input.
- Environmental: Commercial temperature range, 0-70C, 95% humidity non-condensing. Altitude -304m to 18,000m.
- Networking: Static or DHCP IPv4 addressing. Standard browser interface for setup.
- Indications: Power, GPS Signal Lock, and 1PPS indications.
- Rear Connections: Power, Cat5 Ethernet, Serial, Dual USB, and GPS antenna via SMA connection.
- Mechanical Dimensions: 5” x 4.2” x 1.3”.