Ubiquiti UFiber Active Ethernet
Ubiquiti Networks UF-AE
UFiber Active Ethernet
The Ubiquiti UFiber Active Ethernet is a Fiber to Ethernet Converter. The UFiber Active Ethernet is a 1 Gbps fiber-to-copper media converter; it allows ISPs to deliver active fiber to a customer's premises and connect it to affordable SOHO network equipment lacking SFP ports. Its compact design allows the UF-AE to be discreetly integrated into any environment.
Using fiber optic cable for data transport significantly reduces electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI). Data integrity is also sustained in runs beyond 100 meters, the limit of Ethernet over twisted-pair cable. The UF-AE delivers data over long distances at high speed using fiber. The UF-AE provides fiber connectivity to an RJ45 Ethernet device, which in turn provides 802.3af or 24V passive PoE to the UF-AE.
- Module Compatibility The versatile UF-AE connects any SFP or SFP+ module at the maximum speed of 1 Gbps. All UFiber SFP or SFP+ modules are supported. For more information, go to: ui.com/accessories/fiber-modules-cable
- PoE Convenience The UF-AE is powered by 24VDC passive PoE or 802.3af active PoE.
- Supported Speeds 1 Gbps fiber uplink speeds and 10/100/1000 Ethernet speeds are supported.
- Status LEDs Intuitive LEDs indicate link and speed status.
- Indoor Installation Use the included bracket to easily mount the UF-AE on a wall.
|Dimensions||76.5 x 76.5 x 26.8 mm (3.01 x 3.01 x 1.06")|
|Weight||70 g (2.47 oz)|
|Networking Interfaces||(1) 1 Gbps SFP Port (1) 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Port|
|Power Method||802.3af PoE: (Pins 1, 2+; 3, 6-) 24V Passive PoE: (Pins 4, 5+; 7, 8-)|
|Power Supply||802.3af PoE or 24V Passive PoE Device*|
|Max. Power Consumption||1.5W|
|Supported Voltage Range||16 to 57V|
|LEDs||(1) Ethernet (1) Optical Signal (1) Power|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 60° C (-40 to 140° F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90% Noncondensing|
|ESD/EMP Protection||± 12kV Contact/Air|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|