MikroTik Certified Security Engineer
2 Day Class, Jun 26-27 at Irving, TX
Instructor: Rick Frey
- Attacks, mechanisms and services
- The most common threats
- RouterOS security deployment
- Packet flow, firewall chains
- Stateful firewall
- RAW table
- SYN flood mitigation using RAW table
- RouterOS default configuration
- Best practices for management access
- Detecting an attack to critical infrastructure services
- Bridge filter
- Advanced options in firewall filter
- ICMP filtering
OSI Layer Attacks
- MNDP attacks and prevention
- DHCP: rogue servers, starvation attacks and prevention
- TCP SYN attacks and prevention
- UDP attacks and prevention
- ICMP Smurf attacks and prevention
- FTP, telnet and SSH brute-force attacks and prevention
- Port scan detection and prevention
- Introduction to cryptography and terminology
- Encryption methods
- Algorithms – symmetric, asymmetric
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Self-signed certificates
- Free of charge valid certificates
Securing the Router
- Port knocking
- Secure connections (HTTPS, SSH, WinBox)
- Default ports for the services
- Tunneling through SSH
- Introduction to IPsec
- L2TP + IPsec
- SSTP with certificates
REGISTER EARLY and save $$$!
Early Registration Open Now: $695
Regular Registration: $895
Course prerequisites: MTCNA certificate
Meeting Location Information
We have a special rate of $99 per night at the host hotel. Click the link below to get the $99 rate.
The event will be held at LaQuinta DFW North.
4850 West John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75063
- Courses are 1-3 days long and typically take place in the Hotel conference room.
- Each class day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm (or later if we run behind) with an hour lunch break.
- The certification test will be given on the last day of class and should be completed no later than 6:00 pm.
- You are required to make at least 60% on the exam. If you score a 50% or better, a second chance can be given.
What You Need to Know & Bring
- You will need a working laptop with administrative privileges so you can set a static IP address. You will also need to know how to set a static IP on your laptop and Google is a great place to search for guides on how to do that. Your laptop needs an Ethernet port!
- Bring a standard power strip, two each Cat5 cables at least 3 feet long and a notebook to write in, everything else is provided.
- You need a basic understanding of networking and subnetting. There are tons of YouTube videos to watch to learn subnetting.
- All students attending and taking an exam will receive one free RouterOS Level 4 license
Cancellations: In case you need to cancel your participation at the seminar, a written notice should be sent in by e-mail to email@example.com prior the seminar. There is an administrative fee of US$100 for refunds. There is no refund for training fees paid if cancellation is received less than 10 days before the event.