Ubiquiti Airfiber 5XHD PTP 5 GHz Carrier Radio with LTU Technology
Open Box Item(s)
Ubiquiti Networks AF-5XHD
Airfiber 5XHD PTP 5 GHz Carrier Radio with LTU Technology
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing the airFiber® AF-5XHD. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the AF‑5XHD features the newest radio technology, offering greater channel bandwidths (up to 100 MHz) and more advanced RF components.
The AF‑5XHD is also compatible with a number of existing Ubiquiti® antennas for the 5 GHz band, including airFiber X antennas and certain RocketDish™ antennas. Pair the AF‑5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) solution.
The AF‑5XHD also includes a special IP67 upgrade kit for enhanced protection from dust and water.
Engineered for Performance
Ubiquiti’s custom silicon and proprietary radio architecture are designed specifically for long‑distance, outdoor wireless applications.
The core communications processing engine surpasses all of the limitations inherent to generic Wi‑Fi chips to provide superior performance, long‑range capability, DFS flexibility, higher constellations, and power output, along with better receive sensitivity.
The AF‑5XHD features industry‑leading 10.6 bps/Hz spectral efficiency, line-rate data packet processing for up to 1 Gbps of real data throughput, and innovative xtreme Range Technology (xRT™) for up to 100 km in range.
- Programmable Transmit Power The radio's transmit
- power level can be programmed up to +29 dBm.
- Programmable Duty Cycle (GPS synchronized
- frames) The AF-5XHD allows configuration of
- asymmetric TX and RX duty cycles. TX ratios include
- 25%, 33%, 50%, 66.7%, and 75%.
- Configurable GPS Synchronization The AF-5XHD
- offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and
- 5 ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other
- synchronous systems.
- Split TX and RX Frequency* The radio can operate
- on different frequencies for TX and RX, allowing great
- flexibility for interference avoidance.
- Split TX and RX Channel Bandwidth* Support for
- different channel bandwidths for TX and RX allows
- users to scale required data capacity more efficiently.
- Adaptive Modulation up to 1024QAM Adaptive
- modulation rates of up to 1024QAM (4096QAM with
- targeted upgrade) are supported.
- Dual Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Ports with PoE
- The AF-5XHD has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can
- be used to provide redundant PoE power.
- OFDM and OFDMA Support* The radio offers
- flexible scheduling for 2, 4, or 8 subchannels.
- Bluetooth Wireless Configuration Use the built-in
- Bluetooth interface for wireless configuration.
- AlignLock™ Antenna Aiming Guard This alerts the
- user when the radio or antenna aiming is changed
- due to tampering, impact, or storm damage.
- User-Configurable Interference Mitigation Three
- user-selectable profiles support both high‑interference
- and greenfield deployments for robust, optimal
- Redundant Images for Fail-Safe Configuration
- Creation of backup firmware images ensures fail-safe
- configuration and enhances reliability.
- Persistent Spectrum Analysis with Dedicated RX
- Perform real-time spectral analysis for the full band on
- live links without interrupting the link operation.
- Wide Voltage Range, Enhanced Surge Protection
- The AF-5XHD has an operating voltage range of
- 24‑48VDC and provides enhanced surge protection.
|Dimensions||224 x 82 x 48 mm (8.82 x 3.23 x 1.89")|
|Weight||0.35 kg (12.3 oz)|
|RF connectors||(2) RP-SMA weatherproof (CH0, CH1) (1) SMA weatherproof (GPS)|
|GPS antenna||External, magnetic base|
|Power supply||24 V, 1 A Gigabit PoE adapter (included)|
|Power method||Passive Power over Ethernet; pins 1, 2, 4, 5 (+) and pins 7, 8, 3, 6 (-)|
|Max. power consumption||6 - 12 W|
|Supported voltage range||24 - 50 V DC|
|Mounting||airFiber X mount (Rocket mount compatible) GPS pole mount (included)|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to 55°C (-40°F to 131°F)|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|Networking interface||Data port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet port Management port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet port|
|Processor||airFiber LTU IC|
|Maximum throughput||1 Gbps|
|Maximum range||100 km|
|Packets per second||2+ million|
|Frequency range||4.8 - 6.2 GHz (dependent on regulatory region)|
|Max. conducted TX power||29 dBm (dependent on regulatory region)|
|Frequency accuracy||<2 ppm|
|Channel bandwidth||10/20/30/40/50/60/80/100 MHz selectable Programmable uplink and downlink duty cycles|