Harger Aluminum Bonding Plate (5 Pk)
|Approx. Box Wt. (lbs.)||1.5|
Aluminum Bonding Plate
Bonding plates allow the interconnection between a metallic body and the lightning protection system. These are main sized bonding connections with over 8 square inches of bonding surface.
- UL 96 Section 13.1: A bonding plate shall have a thickness of not less than 3/32 inch (2.4 mm). The thickness shall not be less than 5/16 inch (7.9 mm) for bosses for screw threads.
- UL 96 Section 13.2: A Class I bonding plate shall have a minimum surface contact area of 3 square inches (19.4 cm2).
- UL 96 Section 19.2: A bonding plate for use in a building having a structural steel frame shall have a surface contact area of not less than 8 square inches (52 cm2).
- New and improved part now features a pressed-in stud; ensures flat mounting surface.
- Can be used with small diameter conductors as small as #6 AWG.
- 2-1/2” x 3-1/4” cast bonding plate provides over 8 square inches of bonding surface.
- Dual cable pressure connector accepts all main size conductors up to 9/16” diameter.
- Two 5/16” mounting holes provide secure mounting.
- Recommended installation tool – 1/2" socket wrench, end wrench or nut driver.