McCown Technology Corporation GigE Mod. Rack Mount Surge - HV
|Connector Style||RJ-45, Shielded, CAT5/6|
|Data Rate||10, 100, 1000 Mbps|
|Protected Pins||(1,2), (3,5), (4,5), (7,8)|
|Peak Current per Telcordia||GR-1089 0.50 kAmps|
|Attenuation||2dB @ 1000Mhz|
|Return Loss Decrease||0.5dB|
|Clamping Voltage||Data Circuits – 68 volts|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||-40C to +65C|
|Relative Humidity||99% (non condensing)|
McCown Technology Corporation 800-GIGE-APC-HV
GigE Mod. Rack Mount Surge - HV
Designed to be used with the popular APC PRM4 and PRM24 1RU Rack Mount Chassis, this GigE-APC Ethernet Surge Protector-Suppressor-Arrestor is ideal for the NOC because of the small form factor. Both solid state surge components as well as a Gas Discharge Tube allow it to protect CAT5/6 circuits like no other
The proven and popular 444SS GDT/Avalanch Diode parallel hybrid design is what puts this circuit ahead of the others. (See ITU-T K.99)
Where a number of GigE devices are colocated becomes an ideal application for this Ethernet Surge Protector as a result of the 1RU size. The HV version supports 802.3af modes A and B. Shielded RJ45 jacks provide grounds and bonding to shielded plugs and shielded cables.
This GigE-APC Ethernet Surge Protector-Suppressor-Arrestor is a direct cross for the APC PNET6TR; however, this unit but is much more robust because of the shielded RJ45 jacks for industrial grounding/bonding and less loading for the long GigE circuits and greater protection from surges.
The design of this circuit does not employ Metal Oxide Varistors (MOV)s nor Back Up Gaps (BUGs); therefore it is both fast, durable and reliable!
It is simply a better circuit. Greater protection for your expensive equipment is provided by the GigE-APC Ethernet Surge Protector.
As previously mentioned, shielded and grounded jacks bond shielded CAT5 and CAT6 wiring to the building ground system. There are also multi stage surge elements that are designed specifically for demanding NOC and WISP environments. This product was invented at the request of our WISP customers who had had failures of the PNETR6.
- GigE Ethernet surge suppression
- Fits the APC PRM24 and PRM4 line of chassis for replaceable data line surge protection
- Shielded RJ45 connectors provide a ground to shielded plugs
- Ultra fast suppression – typically less than 1.0ps from 0 Volts to BV min
- Gas Discharge Tube – Belt and Suspender protection – Double the protection.
- GDT/Avalanch Diode parallel hybrid design. (See ITU-T K.99)
- Bi-Directional TVS provides full protection even during a destructive surge
- Faster acting than Thyristor designs
- Lower loss and crosstalk than Thyristor based designs
- Installed at large colocation sites such as a NOC
- Remote AP sites
- Tower cabinets